Wednesday, July 14, 2010

claiming myself in a public way


Tonight's sharing of my works in progress left me leaving energized. The beautiful words and thoughts shared within our safe and intimate group was juicy this evening. I love sitting with a group of fellow artists and responding to each others works in a deep and honest way. There is something about stripping yourself naked to be vulnerable in front of others and then owning all that comes out. Beautiful. There is a synergy that is forming with us in the group of women that I am so proud to be a part of. I look forward to all of our discoveries this summer and how each one of them feed and grow from the other.

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE the pic of your feet in action on the "tree" painting!!! I love how the paint has come up between your toes, like honey or pollen, something that would attract bees!! What a great photo!!
    And the pic of the map piece has such a darker vibe than the piece had in person. It looks so aged/stained/ancient/vital.. very cool work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jennifer! Yes, the map piece does look different. Totally loving it the more I look at it. Must play with more maps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i also was super excited to see your feet in that photo, wow! talk about embodied! and the idea of transformation through photographing the work, letting it become, then, something even more. i must say, the photo version with your painted feet would make an excellent card...immediately wanted to send it to my friends, to remind them to play, be bold and get your feet dirty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love you naked and vulnerable, my love--what a goddess you are. thank you for your power and your presence and the present of your work. this blog look and feel is so mature--and you, in your work, your writing and your being are so damn confident and fun. i love our wednesday nights, whatever the form--and i'm so glad to have you to rub up against in the rubbing off. you are soooooo beautiful to me, baby!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's been a month since you brought these piece to class. I'm wondering what they have led to since then, if anything. I LOVE the bare feet painting. So, playful!!

    ReplyDelete